Early Art Initiative
The Early Art Initiative will explore art & artifacts of prehistory through the early modern period in order to activate critical inquiry and inspire new work.
In the era of COVID-19, there is no certainty about when our next physical event will take place. All events will be planned virtually for now.
The initiative will certainly run from May 2020 - December 2020, but may extend.
- Early Object Slow Looking & Listening Club
- A virtual opportunity to practice slowing down to closely observe and discuss early art.
- Temporary Institute of Early Art
- Artists will be selected to develop new work or participatory programs inspired by early art and artifacts, in partnership with the Hill Museum and Manuscript Library.
- KAKE 87.9 Programming
- Our neighborhood radio station will broadcast early music and sounds, as well as contemporary artists whose work is in conversation with early soundscapes.